Friday 8 January 2016

'She' Video - Unit 16 Preparing for edit




As an editor I imported scenes into final cut, then I had to screengrabs to show as evidence that I imported the footage. I put them into three separate bins to make it easier for me to access them when i am editing. As an editor i named the three separate bins the three locations then i put all the shots that was linked to that location into that bin. What i did as an editor i looked through each shot in the different bins and i re-named them to say what type of shot it was and if it was a good or bad shot.

In the shots to your left it shows that i have professionally put the footage in three separate bins showing their location and i have also named each shot to show what type of shot it is and if it's good or bad. Whilst i was looking at the shots i had in my mind which shots i would to edit to become a flashback or a twist. Also i was thinking about what would be the master shot and where i would place it in the film. My mind was set on it looking like a thriller by also picking a sound track that will run over the whole footage to create a thriller effect.
As an editor I used EDL because it is easier to send my footage from Excel to the person who will enhance the footage by including special effects and music etc. I managed to create an EDL by clicking on File then Export XML, then I saved the XML file on the desktop then i dragged it into excel so that it would open up as codes and it can tell the person I am sending the EDL to which footage I decided to use. When the person receives the EDL they can double click it to open up Final Cut and the footage is rebuilt so that they can pick up where the previous person left off.

1 comment:

  1. Distinction
    You've explained the stages of preparation to show understanding and prepared thoroughly

    ReplyDelete